Candle Care Tips – Get Lit!
- Keep burning candles away from flammable material, children and pets
- Keep the candle away from drafts such as ceiling fans or breezes
- Never move the candle or handle the container while it’s burning
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Do not place candles near other heat sources
- Extinguish candles with care to ensure hot wax doesn’t splatter
- Store candles in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight
Here are some tips to help you get the best result from your Champagne Collective candle:
The First Time: Wooden wicks are different to regular wicks and require special care. The initial burn is the most important. The candle needs to burn continuously for approximately two to three hours. Light the wick all the way across, not just at the end. Ensure the top of the candle has completely melted to the edge of the container before you extinguish it.
Burn, Baby, Burn: Keep the lighter on the wooden wick a bit longer than you think is necessary. The flame height may vary at times and even extinguish. Never fear – this is normal. It may take couple of attempts to light properly.
Subsequent Burns: These should be limited to three hours. After that the candle won’t release any more scent.
Wick Maintenance: Use a tissue to gently break-off any blackened parts of the wick and remove them from the container before you light the candle each time.
Smoke Alarm: If your candle is smoking excessively it may be in a drafty area or the wick is too long (see Wick Maintenance).
Recycle Your Upcycled Candle: Empty candle containers can be used for flowers, makeup supplies, pencils, plants, etc. The possibilities are endless. Just fill the vessel with boiling water (make sure the label stays dry). Let it soak in the sink for a few hours. The leftover wax will float to the top. Remove it and wipe out any leftover residue.